Both versions of LocalTube have been updated to version 1.1 in the app store and provide the following features introduced in iOS 6.
- Directions to stations using the new maps and turn-by-turn navigation.
- Optimised to work with the bigger 4″ display on the iPhone 5.
- Facebook integration to allow you to share LocalTube with your friends.
LocalTube users can also set reminders using the new maps in iOS6. As well as these changes there are also some minor UI tweaks and data fixes for some tube stations.
If you need any help using LocalTube download the user guide.
LocalTube has been released in the App Store. Its features include:
Station Sat Nav
- Displays a list of nearby stations the distance and direction to them.
- Indicates the station and line status including warnings for last train time.
- Provides directions to your closest stations.
- Set a reminder to check the network status based on your location.
- For example get an automatic alert of network problems when leaving home or the office.
- Reminders can be set from your current location, contact list or by setting it manually on a map.
- Alerts sent even when LocalTube is not running.
- Displays the status of all tube and DLR lines to assist in planning you journey.
No ads (unlike the free version)
For more information, including how to set reminders see the user guide.
The free version of LocalTube has been released in the App Store at
It is a quick way to find your closest tube, DLR or overground station and get the current service status.
The ‘pro’ version is in development and will have a number of extra features including location based reminders so you never have to remember to check the tube status again.
iPhone app to find your closest tube station and get status updates and directions.